Greg O

"blueman" wrote in message
(m Ransley) writes:
Recover time and Btu input are what is critical, you dont need
100gallon just a proper 50 for your load. It is possible it is not set
up right the gas line may be to small or something else not giving full
gas flow if it is in fact a properly sized heater. Flow restrictors on
sinks and showers and a good tech would be a starting point.

I believe the label says that it has a recovery rate of 36 gallon/hour
and that the burner is 70K BTU. Is this considered a "good" recovery
rate or is it undersized for the load I describe above?

Pretty typical heater. Most 50 gallon heaters will only recover as much as a
40 gallon.
You need what my boss has! He has a Buderus boiler with a add on heat
exchanger for domestic hot water. The recovery rate on his is 258 gallons
per hour! He says he NEVER runs out of hot water.
http://www.buderus.net/Default.aspx?...purpose&mcid=8
You better have some cash stashed away!
Greg