johnny

"Kathy" wrote

Is it a walkable roof? I also have a cape cod and have been shocked at the
roofing estimates I've gotten lately. $2.25-$2.75 a square foot due to the
pitch. That price incluses tear-off, all materials and labor and clean up

in
south Jersey.

In my area near Lake Erie, $225 per square ($2.25 sq ft) for a single layer
tear-off with a 25 yr 3 tab plus all the trimmings is virtually unheard of.
That's cheap, probably too cheap, I don't think you would get a licensed
contractor in this area. Nevermind throwing in 10 sheets plywood,
regardless if 3/8",1/2", or 5/8". I don't see how any reputable company
would stay in business.

Exactly what are you getting for that price?