Hugo Nebula

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:16:22 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"TheScullster" phil-at-dropthespam.com randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

I have recently had plans drawn up for alterations to a rear study extension
and side kitchen extension.

My question is whether electrical work can be mentioned (but played down) on
a general building regs application drawing and if this then satisifies the
"notifiable" bit.

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking whether
electrical works should be included on your application. The answer
in your case is, yes. If the notifiable part of the work is 'part &
parcel' of the extension and alterations, then the fees (AFAIK) are
the same [1].

Building Control will be more interested in making sure that you can
produce a suitable certificate (by a 'competent' electrician[2]) for
the notifiable electrical work on completion, and may ask for such a
note to be on the plans.

[1] I think the ODPM told Councils that they couldn't surcharge if
there was electrical work involved.

[2] See previous posts in this group ad-nauseum for a definition.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"