Leon

"TMC" wrote in message
I am a novice woodworker who has so far constructed all my projects of
dimensioned pine. Now, I want to move on to hardwoods, but have realized
that the local stock of hardwoods is not truly 3/4", as was the pine I
have been using. It appears most of the hardwood I have checked is from
13/16"-7/8" (4/4), and to get it to a uniform 3/4" I am not sure what is
the best tool or procedure.
The woods I have been looking at are in need of a bit of surface
finishing, seemingly a little more then a ROS would provide. Any
information to help a struggling novice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

A drum sander would be nice but get the thickness planer first. With a drum
sander you are going to need a dust collector also.