LRod

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:28:46 GMT, "aaa" zoro @ excite.com wrote:

Nope saw On but since you are checking the continuity of the cord end it
isn't plugged into a power source. Continuity of the saw only.

Ah. "Saw unplugged" is a significant point, and an entirely different
testing modality.

"LRod" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:09:18 GMT, "aaa" zoro @ excite.com wrote:

Well maybe when you unplugged it the connection to the prong that plugs

into
the cord broke. Being internal it would look ok on the outside. Like the
other guys said, voltmeter time. Turn the saw on and check for continuity

ground on each prong.

Yikes. I don't want to get all semantical here, but someone reading
that could toast their meter. Check for continuity with the saw OFF.
Check the voltage with the saw ON.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net