Dave August

Default DIY tapping fixture

I read a few posts here in the last month or so, complaining about broken
taps or tapped holes that weren't square so I thought I'd post this link..
it's ho to build a 'do it yourself' tapping fixture that I wrote several
years ago for ou r Live Steam web site.. This is a direct link to the
article since the site uses 'frames' and there is no other easy was to get
there.
http://www.ggls.org/TappingFixture/index.html

The is another article I wrote that would be appropriate for some of you
about using DC power for variable speed on your machine tools that you can
get to if you go in the front door
http://www.ggls.org
and then go to Tips Tricks and Plans, it's pretty obvious.
This is a brute force 'Varic and Diode' approch and I honestly don't need to
be told about better ways to do this. I specificaly stayed away from fancy
SCR/Triac or PWM stuff, I wanted this to be brain dead simple and surpluss
store easy so any average Joe could do it.

FWIW there are some cool pictures of us and our engines in the pictures
area.

Dave