David Billington

Some engines wouldn't run start well even with the filter if it was one
of the foam ones that needed oiling and the things had gone dry. Chap
near me had the problem of his tecumseh mower not starting well so I
suggested he oil the filter and the problem went away.

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Al Bundy wrote:

Thanks for the laugh Bob. That was a good one.

No, seriously. I used to bring home mowers from the dump, get them
running, and sell them. I had mowers that wouldn't run without the
filter. By "proper air flow" I didn't mean sufficient air flow, but
correct air flow. I think that I read an explanation of this
somewhere, but can't remember the logic. My memory is full and new
stuff pushes out the old to make room. G

Bob