"klasspappa[remove]" wrote in message
check for loose things!

oldfogie wrote:

"Raymond Smith" wrote in message
news
Any suggestions appreciated: NEC VCR 6 head Hi Fi: VH-602. The model

number

probably only applies to the Oceania region. We do not have FCC

numbers!

The sound is ok, the picture is b/w and very snowy (as if it needs a

head
clean) and also exhibits tracking faults. I've tried to attend to both
these areas, with no success. Tapes recorded on different machines give

the

same result.
If I record a tape on the machine, I still get the same result on

playback.

The strange thing however, is that the recorded tape will play OK on a
different machine. Weird!

Couple of more things; the real time counter does not work. I've been

told

that it never did (doubtful). This was not an intermittent fault. One

day

fine: the next day problem.

I have also cleaned the audio/control head.

Suggestions welcome.

Ray S.

Since a tape recorded on that machine plays ok on another VCR, I would

think that the playback problem isn't associated with the heads. Maybe

in
the playback electronic circuit, or RF modulator. Though I don't think

that
would affect tracking. Could be 2 different problems.

Sorry, I forgot that this is a 6 head, so the problem is probably the play

head, could be damaged, or just not cleaned good enough.