Dave Hinz

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:57:27 -0500, Treetops wrote:
This may be a "perfect example" but it's kind of irrelevant in our "imperfect" world.
99.999% of posters, be they top, bottom or middle (IMHO the worst kind ) posters do not snip, and never will.

Your estimate is a bit high.

So now, all of us when following a thread must scroll down to the meat on the majority of posts (since bottom posts dominate), wading thru maybe 3 days worth of posts which our eyes, if not our brain, have now seen umteen times. What a waste of time and energy to say nothing of the wear and tear on arthritic fingers.

Can those fingers hit "enter" every once in a while? Your line length is
at 240 characters for that last one. Horizontal scrolling is even more
annoying that top-posters.

Why don't we just chaulk up the concept of snipping as a nice theoretical but impractical plan and all start top posting.

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. I'd like to quote one of
Mortimer's comments in the context of your response, but you've got
the conversation all upside-down now.

And no snipping so if someone wants to reread things, its all there.

And I notice you didn't snip anything either.

I nominate Bob, the OP, for moderator.

On that, of course, we agree.