Don Dando

I bit the bullet and bought a PM66, though I had gone to the store for a
Unisaw. All the way home I said to myself "After wanting a Unisaw for 30+
years at the last moment I clutch up and get the PM66, hope I didn't make a
mistake". I've never used a Unisaw nor a Jet but each time I use the PM66 I
have a smile on my face. When woodworking magazines rate various saws it
doesn't hurt my feelings any that the PM66 usually comes out on top, not the
best saw for the money, just the best saw.

So my suggestion is buy the best and cry only once!

Don Dando
"Paul Gilbert" wrote in message
I am about to get pushed out the door at the office and want to get my

shop
in first class shape before retirement. The old contractors table saw is
going to be replaced and I have always longed for a Powermatic 66.
Today I stumbled into a deal on the Jet 708663MBK for $1,320. That's

about
1K less than the Powermatic 66. I am having a hard time justifying that
extra as I sit looking at my old Sears jointer. That could be replaced

with
a long bed version for around 1K.
Any advice on the Jet table saw?