Matt wrote:
Our county recently went to 100% for tax assessment, as opposed to
whatever they were previously assessing at. We just recently

purchased
a house for about $3,000 under what the county has us assessed at.
Should I dispute this?

You're bothered about only a $3,000 difference? When I bought our
condo, the county had us assessed at over 6% higher than I paid
for it, which never bothered me. However, a few years later, when
they jacked up my assessed value by 58%, *that* bothered me.
Especially considering that units like mine aren't selling at
anywhere near the assessed value. I appealed, but the initial
effort was denied, and I realized pushing further probably wouldn't
be worth the effort. I do, however, believe I would've won had I
carried it out further.

--
Otis