Harry Everhart

Duane Bozarth wrote:
It's interesting the difference in areas...in SW KS when Grandad broke
out the home quarter around 1900 he was still a very young feller
working for the Santa Fe "back east" about 100 miles and coming out for
a week or so at a time.

Hi Duane -
That is a great story.
Like I said - we remember the good stuff about back then - not the
trudging to the outhouse on cold snowy nights or peeing in a bed pan and
sliding it under the bed. The cold feeling on your feet from "oil cloth"
on a cold wood floor over a crawl space. Throw rugs woven from rags.
Being the third person in a tub on Saturday night. I would like to go
back and visit for a couple days - but I really enjoy our modern things
like - satellite tv - tivo - computers - cell phones - campers - GPS -
motor scooters - sports cars - jets - bikinis - mp3's.
Harry