Joseph Meehan

Sennin wrote:
I have always had trouble with my outside Malibu lights ever since I
moved in 2 years ago. I finally had them working at some semblance of
normalacy last Sunday night. I woke up in the morning and noticed
that the ciruit breaker had switched. Apparently the most troublesome
outside lights (whose bulbs I just changed and i thought were now
working OK) were on the same circuit as a bathroom, laundry room and
several indoor fixtures. I tried resetting but the circuit kept
breaking. Once I unplugged those Malibu lights the rest of the
circuit worked fine. Do you think this is a wiring problem? Do I
need an electrician to sort this out?

Thanks
Steve

* outside Malibu lights
* same circuit as a bathroom, laundry room
* tried resetting but the circuit kept breaking.

All that adds up to one thing. You have a GFI and it is detecting a
fault somewhere.

I would guess if you have a week or two of dry weather, the problems
would disappear until you got a good rain.

Start checking all outside outlets including the one powering those
lights. I suspect you will find that one has some sort of leak allowing
water in. Fix that and you should be OK. It is still possible the
breaker - GFI is bad, but in this case my money is on a real ground fault.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math