Doug Miller

In article , "toller" wrote:
Its funny, the main breaker is no more dangerous than an outlet, but it is
somehow terrifying.

What on earth are you talking about? The main breaker is dangerous as hell,
and it _should_ be at least a bit scary. There's _no_way_ to disconnect power
from it without pulling the meter or disconnecting at the transformer: those
lugs are _always_ hot and therefore always dangerous.

I still get nervous when I check for tightness every
now and then.

What, exactly, are you checking for tightness? The lugs that hold your service
entrance cables to the main breaker? Do you not realize that those lugs are
hot?

--
Regards,