Norminn

Me wrote:
I have never painted the outside of my house, just the interior. I am about
to paint a typical white picket fence. The paint has chipped off 20% of it.
The paint on the rest doesn't look great.

How should I go about painting? Should I scrape off as much as I can ?
Should I use a solution to take all the paint off? Suggestions appreciated.

Does this typical white picket fence go all the way around a one acre
lot, or is it a 20 foot section across the front? Using paint remover
to take off all of the paint could likely cost more than replacing the
pickets. Stringers and posts in good shape?