Kim

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=507846

Take a look at the above and enlarge the picture. I have this setup. Larger
diameter saws require the arbor with 2 pins that go into the 2 holes on top
for a positive lock. The arbor for the small holes does not have pins and is
not interchangeable with arbor for large holes.

You should be able to get it apart, its right hand thread.

"W. Watson" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a hole saw, 2" in diameter that is fastened to a drill bit with a
nut that secures the bit to the cylndrical cutter. How does one get it
apart? The cutter looks like a small tin can with one end missing. That end
has the teeth. The top has a hole for the bit, and two small holes to
either side. I have a suspicion that the two small holes are for a tool to
help unloosen the nut holding the bit.

In the past, I'm sure I used a wrench on the nut and held the cutting tool
with a pliers. Not so easy this time.

"The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious,
it seems, takes longer." -- Edward R. Murrow

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews