Edwin Pawlowski

"W. Watson" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a hole saw, 2" in diameter that is fastened to a drill bit with a
nut that secures the bit to the cylndrical cutter. How does one get it
apart? The cutter looks like a small tin can with one end missing. That end
has the teeth. The top has a hole for the bit, and two small holes to
either side. I have a suspicion that the two small holes are for a tool to
help unloosen the nut holding the bit.

In the past, I'm sure I used a wrench on the nut and held the cutting tool
with a pliers. Not so easy this time.

I don't completely understand this. Some arbors have a set screw that holes
the center drill bit in place. Is that what you want to get out? Or do you
want to get the saw portion off? Some brands have "disk" on top that must
be pulled up and then the saw is unscrewed from the arbor.

See the two small holes? Is there a piece in them holding it in place? They
must be retracted to unscrew the saw.