JR North

Over the years, I have 'lost' my cell phones 4 times. Each time, I tore
my digs apart looking for it, to no avail. Got a new phone, and moved
on. 2-3-6 months later, the missing phone turns up. I now have a
fascinating collection of 4 progressively smaller cell phones. None were
actually lost, just not immediately found.
JR

RB wrote:

Thanks very much for the assurances that I'll be relatively safe vis-a-vis
misuse of my previous cell phone. Good to know about the ESNs.

Whoever said it's probably just misplaced must know me rather well. I
never lose stuff----I just leave it where I can't find it again anytime
soon.

I suspect it'll turn up somewhere around my digs, and then I'll have two
cell phones. One can be a paperweight unless/until the one in use quits
working or, in turn, gets "lost"

Oh yes, I did in fact walk around with our household cordless phone and
dutifully try calling my cell # and listening to see if I could hear a
ringing, and find it that way. No such luck, though.