John Anderton

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:01:52 +0000, Owain
wrote:

John Wilson wrote:
do you need planning permission to turn your side garden into a driveway?

Not normally; conservation area and listed building you might.

Certainly not in a conservation area, I'm not too sure about listed
building but I don't think so there either.

This topic came up when I had a chat to a planning officer a couple of
years ago and I seem to remember his words were :-
"You can cover the whole of your garden in concrete as far as we're
concerned"

He could have been mistaken though, of course :-)

If however you have created or altered an access on to the highway, then
you do need PP and also permission from the highways authority.

Again, it's all a bit vague but I think that's only the case for A, B
or C roads. Anything unclassified is OK, I think.

I just got monoblock done and one of my neighbours said I was in
trouble..... what's he on about??

Maybe he doesn't like monoblock.

:-)

Cheers,