AutoTracer

Most warranties are worthless.

They are either too short or too restrictive or require the customer to pay
shipping charges that rival the replacement cost.

Zinc and plastic are not premium materials so I presume this is not one of
the expensive faucets anyway. Think of it as an opportunity to redecorate
your sink. If you want reliability look for brass body and ceramic valves.
4 years is a little short even for a cheap model though

"rchanson" wrote in message
ups.com...

I am in the process of repairing/replacing an American Standard kitchen
faucet that was installed new about 4 years ago. I wanted to replace
the O rings at the base of the body unit. The O rings are easy to buy
at the local hardware store. However, it is impossible to replace them
because the body of the faucet is made of zinc and so one cannot get
the plastic parts out. I. E. it is too corroded. I live in Arizona so
the water is hard. So what started out as a simple repair has become a
replacement. After reading the above posts, I won't even try getting
American Standard to replace the faucet. "The warrenty excludes
damage due to aggressive air or water conditions" is the quote from
their warrenty. The warrenty means nothing! Water conditions are what
always ruins faucets here. I am not sure what I will buy. Maybe I
will go back to Delta. At least the springs and seats are easy to
replace and the body is made of brass.