Mike

"Rick" wrote in message
Not expensive. I've never had to have mine emptied, and that's 100
quid a go where I live. Ten years now.....

Sorry, this subject really anoyes me, saving a 100 quid a year so your
system leaks solids into the waterout flow, so your kids can fall into
your reed bed, when looking at the frogs ....... In South Africia a
certain fish is served regularly at dubious resturants, and they
"farm" it in the sewers.........

Is maintaining the system corectly it not a condition of the EA
consent to discharge ? I just checked mine - it is.

The EA website dicusses have several thousand septic tack systems fail
each year, the Klargester website dicusses atht ther system require
from 1-4 service visits per year, depending on model, and something
called "routine emptying", the EA website dicusses how the maximum
punishment for polution is a number of years in prison .......

The Klargester owners manual describes routine de-sludging as
essential, never in 10 years hardly sounds "routine".

Whats your address, let me report your system to the EA ........

Whilst I don't know the person with the Klargester, I think the EA would
find his, my own septic tank system, and probably everybody else on this
site with either, totally safe. Any responsible owner monitors their system
monthly as the penalty for overflowing is so high, not just in legal terms
but also in the cost of digging the whole system out and replacing it.

But in fact most systems simply don't generate anything but water out. The
solids break down so quickly that there is no chance of them reaching the
outflow pipes. If your system is not doing this then perhaps you are not
using it correctly, possibly by polluting it with non-recommended chemicals.
I bet 99% of the septic tank failures you mention are due to this.