Neil Jones

Default Idle thoughts re generators

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:24:03 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

"Pete C" wrote in message
.. .
The really big problem of recycling, is how to break teh materials

down
to the cionstituent parts. Nio amount of recycling that doesn't

involve
e.g. more energy than making from scratch is going to make a clear

glass
bottle from a green one.

No, you recycle green glass into green bottles, etc etc

Does this actually happen, though? I read a piece in The Independent
last year about glass recylcing which said that coloured glass

currently
ends up in landfill anyway.

Doubt it, can you find anything on the web that backs this up?

cheers,
Pete.

I'm pretty sure it was this article:-

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...p?story=314732

which was actually from 2002, not last year as I had thought. But I'm
not going to pay The Independent to reread an article I originally read
in a paper I paid for, so I can't post the actual quote.

Neil