Rick

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:08:17 +0000, Pete
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:53:05 GMT, Rick wrote:

snip
Scrap it and buy a Klargester. I did, and have never regretted it. I
don't know how much land you have, but I dug a web of dissip[ation
pipes and fed the remainder through a reed bed. Fish, frogs and newts
live happily in the resulting very small pond, so I must be on the
right track.

Why, those things are so expensive, and I have absolutly no where to
dig a soakaway, my garden is all up hill from my house, the only down
hill is a cliff, with a river at the bottom.

The kids love the idea that people in birkenhead drink our wee, when
they get the water back out the river ........

Rick

Not expensive. I've never had to have mine emptied, and that's 100
quid a go where I live. Ten years now.....

Sorry, this subject really anoyes me, saving a 100 quid a year so your
system leaks solids into the waterout flow, so your kids can fall into
your reed bed, when looking at the frogs ....... In South Africia a
certain fish is served regularly at dubious resturants, and they
"farm" it in the sewers.........

Is maintaining the system corectly it not a condition of the EA
consent to discharge ? I just checked mine - it is.

The EA website dicusses have several thousand septic tack systems fail
each year, the Klargester website dicusses atht ther system require
from 1-4 service visits per year, depending on model, and something
called "routine emptying", the EA website dicusses how the maximum
punishment for polution is a number of years in prison .......

The Klargester owners manual describes routine de-sludging as
essential, never in 10 years hardly sounds "routine".

Whats your address, let me report your system to the EA ........

Rick