Steven Briggs

In message , Pecanfan
writes
Yes, they tend to over-do the packaging for sure.
What we need is a cardboard-box fired boiler ;-)

For heaven's sake don't complain about their packaging! - it was so poor on
one of the last orders I placed that 9 of the 25 double sockets I had
delivered were smashed along with two electric tile cutters and a shower.
Don't give them any ideas that they need *less* packaging!!! :-)

Andy

Indeed. They need to learn how to pack properly. Lobbing a diverse
collection of bits in the bottom of big box and adding a few airbags
isn't always enough! They should take lessons in packing from the like
of Farnell. Putting more fragile items in bubble bags first goes a long
way to preventing transport damage.
My cunning plan the other day was induction training for new S/F packing
staff. Put _them_ in a cardboard box and send them to the far reaches of
Scotland. They might learn a thing or two about life in the back a
couriers van!

--
steve