Teamcasa

Rob Said
Snip
Now for my question, I am
considering the Systi-Matic 24T glue line rip blade, but I have not been
able to find any reviews other than "I have a Forrest and love it" I
know
the Forrest is a great blade, but not what I am interested in. I want to
use dedicated ripping and cross cutting blades.

Leon Said:
Rob I have the Systematic Glue Line Rip Blade. I have had it for about 5
years and use it on a cabinet saw set up with similar tolerances. I also
have the Forrest WWII 40 tooth with reg kerf.
The Forrest blows the Systematic Glue Line Rip blade away. I am not
saying that the Systematic does a bad job as I even use it to cross cut of
2 x construction material with surprisingly good results but the WWII
simply produces superior rips.

Comparing a 24T to a 40T blade is an apples to oranges comparison.
The SystiMatic 37102 50T blade cuts every bit as smooth as my WWII.
Both blades are very sharp, hold up well and have sufficient carbide to
allow for several sharpenings. In fact the SystiMatic has less runout on
the plate than the Forrest. (SM 0.001 - FWW 0.0015) However, both blades
produce identical finishes when ripping, the SM produces a slightly better
finish when cross cutting hardwoods.

IMHO (well not really so humble!) both blades are of equal quality.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com