MSCHAEF.COM wrote:
In article JA4Xd.44051$r55.10321@attbi_s52, Bob

wrote:
It's a PITA to have to scan through some times 2 or 3 or more

messages to
get to a reply.

That is why the quoted text should be edited down to only that which
is relevant to the reply.

Some of you think it's ridiculous to top post, but that's your

opinion, and
I'm entitled to mine!

Opinion is like flatulence. Everbody has it and everybody thinks
the other person's stinks worse.

The difference between your 'opinion' and my 'opinion' is that bottom

posting (my opinion) has been formalized as 'correct' etiquette in
RFC1855, whereas top posting has not. I know we're all supposed to be

'empowered to be individuals' in today's society, but there's

something to
be said for standards and cooperation (without which there'd be no
Internet at all).

"Without rules we'd all be swinging from trees flinging our crap
at each other." -- Red Forman

--

FF