AutoTracer

If it is as extreme as you say, a few holes in the insulation are probably
not the cause (but a can of foam insulation will fix it). Trailers are
designed for temporary living (though I know lots of people do live in them
full time, including my best friend). With that said, they are often
under-insulated from the start. You could try to add more insulation to
some areas but that will add weight and may come off when you move the
trailer (I don't know how often you relocate). You need it to be removable
or light and well attached.

Painting the roof white would help in the summer to reflect more heat while
painting it black will help in the winter by absorbing more heat. Not a
good solution for both at the same time.

It may look goofy but you could make some sort of giant blanket for the
trailer. An insulating fabric sewn in with some tarps (for weather
resistance) and placed over the roof will help as will closing off the space
under the trailer with a skirt (this will trap air which will warm or cool
more slowly than open space). Along the same line would be those shiny
mylar emergency blankets you get at sporting goods stores (wal mart too).
These can be used on the roof, over windows and inside walls. They reflect
heat away from their surface like a mirror (in or out depending on the
weather).

"bugz" wrote in message

I live in a trailer and have been having some trouble keeping the place
cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Therefore our electric bill
is sky rocketing. I have been told that i could paint my roof with a
sealer of some sort. Is this true? Also if it is true what is this
stuff and where can I get it? Cheap? Also I have noticed holes in the
underpinning underneath the trailer, where the insulation is at. I
think that this could also be a cause. If so any advice on how to fix
the underpinning and insulation.

--
bugz
bugz's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=83