Chip C

Milwaukee Tom wrote:
I think its time to make my chimney a purely decorative item. The

newer
furnace already vents out the wall, leaving only the old (10+ years)
hot water heater still connected to the chimney.

This summer, we are going to replace the roof, so this would be a

good
time to cap the chimney and get a new wall-vented hot water heater. I
really can't find much information about them, but i do know that

they
are more expensive.

What experience/advice do you have regarding this type of water

heater?
Any particular recommended brands, cautions, or thoughts on my
reasoning are welcome.

Tom
Milwaukee

I have a GSW direct vent and I like it fine, but it's only a few months
old. It has no fan, so requires no electricity and is not noisy. The
direct vent can't be very long, so the unit needs to be near a wall
where you can fit a largish vent outside.

Chip C
Toronto