Harry Everhart

Chuck wrote:
http://galthistory.org/gasengine/2003.htm

Thanks Chuck!
The gray washing machine behind the green washing machine was ours. I do
remember both of them though.
Pictures like that jog the memory so much. Wow.
Don't get me wrong - things are so much better now - cars - houses - TVs
- appliances - medications - schools - planes - clothes - you name it.
But your past is fleeting - gone forever - it is nice for just a taste
of it. :-)
In our case - we had to fill the washing machine with pots of water that
we hand pumped from the well and put on the stove. Then you would wash
the clothes - then run them thru the wringer by hand - then fill with
cold water from the pump again - then rinse the clothes - then run them
thru the ringer - then hang them on the line - then iron them because
they were really wrinkled.
Harry