Harry Everhart

In article ,
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I've still got a spark plug from one of those beasts in my box of "fun
junk" It comes apart for cleaning. The name "Maytag" is printed on the
other side of the insulator, you can just see the ending "g" in Maytag
to the left of the "CHAM" in the right hand photo:
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/plug.jpg
Thanks for the mammaries,
Jeff

Jeff -
Thanks for the pix of the Maytag spark plug. That was it! I remember the
whole washing machine was made of cast parts - maybe not iron - but
something cast.
Years later in the 60s - I made a "buggie" like a soap box racer with
that engine in it. We hooked a belt to it and it barely powered the car
- maybe 2 mph tops - you could walk faster than that. But I do remember
the police coming up to "pull us over" and tell us we couldn't operate a
motor powered vehicle without a license. Boy - times have changed. Even
though it only went maybe two miles per hour - I was the envy of the
neighborhood for a week. I guess I got "street cred" for being stopped
by the cops.
Harry