Milwaukee Tom

Default High Efficiency Water Heater: Wall vented: Abandon chimney

I think its time to make my chimney a purely decorative item. The newer
furnace already vents out the wall, leaving only the old (10+ years)
hot water heater still connected to the chimney.

This summer, we are going to replace the roof, so this would be a good
time to cap the chimney and get a new wall-vented hot water heater. I
really can't find much information about them, but i do know that they
are more expensive.

What experience/advice do you have regarding this type of water heater?
Any particular recommended brands, cautions, or thoughts on my
reasoning are welcome.

Tom
Milwaukee