Edwin Pawlowski

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message

Today - since home heating oil is "virtually" kerosene - one may be
considering running a mixture of fuel oil and gasoline in their car to
"save" money because fuel oil does not have a road tax on it. Just
remember the government colors fuels for just that reason. I doubt if
one would get caught - but it is a risk.

With the the fuel filters and precision fuel injcetors, coupled with the
computer tuning, I wonder if it would run at all. Years ago, I remember
running a 1950 Chevy six with about half and half after a trucker filled the
wrong tank.

PS - one time I owned a diesel Cadillac - never a diesel VW ;-)

I think the VW was probably faster . That GM diesel was a god awful engine.