glassmaster

Jim M Wrote:
Hot Rod....no need to look too hard... Go to a welding shop and ask
themn
where they get there bulk saw blades from. In most cases they buy band
saw
blades in bulk lengths. They cut the length they need and silver solder
them
together. I am in the welding trade and have done it many times. Jim
"HotRod" wrote in message
Believe it or not I tried Sears but they need to special order from

the US
and I have a very, very limited selection. I will try the other news

group
if it's available.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
willshak wrote:

On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed

the
following:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out
recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade

size. I
was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario

that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some

really
fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

Many online sources--amazon is one place to start. Of course, Sears

has
blades for these as well.

I have a 'wet' bandsaw that uses diamond blades, i'm told when they
break, they can be silver soldered. The charge is about $30 to have
ONE blade repaired.... my husband says he can silver solder. Is there
a special technique for silver soldering a diamond blade? thanks .....

--
glassmaster
glassmaster's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=86