Stormin Mormon

You may wish to mention thread sealants, he might not be familiar with that
concept.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grandpa Koca" wrote in message

You should replace that plastic POS with a quarter turn brass ball
valve. I do that to all my water heater installations. They are usually
a 3/4 pipe thread - drain the tank, unscrew the plastic valve (while you
can, if you wait another year you may be SOL), screw in a short nipple,
valve, then hose fitting. When it comes time to flush the tank, hook up
a hose and open the valve. When you're done, put a cap on the end of the
hose fitting, just in case someone hits the valve handle. Or you can
remove the handle and put it on top of the heater for when its needed.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.