Robert Allison

Bonnie Jean wrote:
I would like to have my soffitt vents replaced. The wood that frames them is
cedar. If the wood is in good condition, do the vents just get popped out
and new ones popped in? Or is it more complicated than that? They look to be
about 4-4½ feet by 8".
TIA for any advise offered.
Bonnie

I am going to guess that these are custom made soffit vents.
Standard soffit vents are 6"x12", continuous vents, round
vents, etc. I have never seen one the size that you specify.
That, plus the fact that they are framed, leads me to
believe that they are custom.

If they are, then there is no way to guess how they are
installed, or how they are made. Your best bet would be to
remove one, to see how it is made and installed, then make
your decisions from there. Soffit vents are not usually too
complicated, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. They are
probably just frames with screen or hardware cloth stapled to
it. Pull one off and see.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.