John_B

Gina and Les Armstrong wrote:
I seem to have a minor insect problem. My wife and I noticed small moths
flittering around occasionally. I caught a couple and, through some
research, discovered that they are some kind of adult rice/grain weevil. We
only see one at a time and have not seen any swarms or larval worms. We
have cleaned out every cabinet and drawer (even the cabinets where there is
no food stuffs) in the kitchen and pantry, washed all the inside of the
cabinets with a weak solution of bleach and water, and threw out everything
that was opened or looked like it could harbor insects. When I say
everything, I mean everything. All that is left in the cabinets are a
couple of unopened and sealed jars, the cabinets are pretty much bare.

During the clean up, I found no worms, no worm skins left over after they
emerge as moths, and only found a single dead moth in one cabinet. But the
moths are still around. We only see one at a time. Last night I pulled out
the range and fridge and found nothing but some dog hair. I vacuumed and
washed the areas with bleach water just as a precaution.

I checked the dog food and cat food and found nothing. The exterminator is
due to come out soon for his bi-monthly service and I will ask him about it.
Do any of you home repair gurus have any advice? I have googled this topic
and found many tips but still can not find the source of the moths.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Les

I used these when I had a similar problem:
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/p...&dept%5Fid=400