Syke

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
I am replacing a solid-plate hob (5.5Kw) with a ceramic hob (6.4Kw) .

There
is a 30 amp fuse and cooker control unit. should this be OK for a

straight
swap over?

No problem whatsoever, assuming the existing circuit is correctly designed
for its fuse. You should even get away with an oven on the same circuit,
although you'd need to check its rating. The total is allowed to go
substantially over the circuit rating in this case.

Christian.

Thanks to all responders. I fitted the hob today and it works fine. There
IS an oven on this circuit, rated at 2.18 Kw Max, but as it's still working,
I assume everything's OK!

Regards

PJM