doozer

RzB wrote:
Andrew/Ian,

Many thanks for your responses.

I was also sort of considering the copper thing...

http://www.copperridge.co.uk/frameset.htm

and have just seen a house down the road
with a VERY clean roof... and a sign outside..

http://www.rooftecukltd.co.uk/

This is obviously not DIY - but my wife will
no longer let me get up on the roof :-)
Can't say I'm that keen anyway..

Hmmm...
Roy

I've been watching this thread with some interest as we have the same
problem of moss on the roof and I've been meaning to do something about
it. As I'm not that great with heights I was thinking of watering the
roof with a moss killer.

Now that I know that copper works though it has given me another idea.
What do you think would happen if I just threw a hand full of some
copper salt, copper sulphate for instance, on the roof once in a while.

I think it should work as after all the copper wire idea works because
copper salts (some of which are probably copper sulphate produced by
acid rain) are produced and run slowly down the roof. It certainly beats
climbing around on the roof installing wire.

Graham