Renata

Gee, you didn't mention the nuclear weapons stuff.

So, where are the WMD?

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program. Woodworking, wasn't
it? ;-)

Renata

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:38:19 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Renata wrote:
In the Cincinatti speech: 24 paragraphs on WMD, 4 on terror links, 3
on implementing the UN resolution, a couple intro paragraphs, 3 on how
horrid SH is, 7 misc/closing.

Your count bears only a slight resemblance to reality. Among other things, it
appears that you count any paragraph containing even a passing reference to
WMDs as a paragraph "on" WMDs. And you missed two complete paragraphs, and
parts of two more, on bringing freedom to the people of Iraq; I'm guessing you
just lumped those under "misc/closing" because you don't want to admit that
the President presented any other justifications besides the one, of many,
that you keep harping on.

Here's reality, a paragraph at a time:

1-2 intro
3 WMDs, terror links, Iraq's failure to live up to 1991 cease-fire agreement
4 America's vulnerability to terrorist attack
5 universal agreement that Saddam is a threat, danger of WMDs
6 general concerns about threats from Iraq and elsewhere
7-8 Saddam is a bad guy
9 we'd better do something about it
10 Iraq admits developing WMDs...
11 ... and we know it
12 continued Iraqi defiance of cease-fire agreement & UN resolutions
13 weapons delivery systems
14 links to terrorist groups
15 common interest with, and links to, al Qaeda
16 danger these links pose to America
17-18 action against Iraq is part of war on terror, not distraction from it
19-21 US *and* UN evidence of Iraqi nuclear weapons program
22 why that's a problem for us
23-25 why we need to whack them now instead of waiting for them to whack us
26-30 we've already tried damn near everything else
31 UN must act
32 if Saddam doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him
33 multilateral support of UN demands
34 reiterates specifics of those demands
35 Iraq needs to change, but probably won't happen until Saddam is outta there
36 don't want to go to war, but if we have to, we're serious about it
37-38 why continuing to wait is a poor idea
39 we're not going to leave the fate of our nation in any hands but our own
40 don't worry about destabilizing Iraq: it could hardly be worse
41 Saddam's really nasty
42-43 Iraqi people will benefit most from Saddam's departure
44-45 asking Congress to authorize action
46 reiterates importance of taking action
47-48 closing

Like I said, WMDs were not the only justification given. Or needed.