Eric Johnson

I think rollers where not taken well and they reverted back to cast. I think
that's a demonstration of a proper market reaction for "well that didn't
work" I think 650 was crated weight, no lifts around here and 3 guys to get
it off the back of the pickup, grunting and puffing a plenty. Model on the
tag is 30-115-m1a
Not sure if it's the same. Short pieces like under 4' nearly no snipe, the
worst I've had with it was a huge chunk of cherry 4"x14"x9' outfeed had
about 2". Since
then I have added the accordion style expandable roller table for outfeed
and have pretty much eliminated snipe. I was so accustomed to snipe from the
old 733 that I used to compensate for it and add 6" to anything I planed.
Still add the spare but generally don't need it. Oil leak I expect was my
fault. The machine was sitting in an unheated warehouse, rode in the back of
a pickup at about 5 degrees and I had it up and running within 3 hours of
bringing it home and I know it wasn't thoroughly warmed up and that has
regular automotive gl-5 gearlube. So it was still pretty stiff. I saw the
leak 3-4 days after I brought it home.
Glad to be able to return some info back to the group for a change.

EJ

"TheNewGuy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Eric,

Hey, thanks for the reply! I agree w/ you that GI "documentation" is
a laugh - my GI TS 'owner's manual' was marginally useful during setup;
I was better off getting the help I did from a friend who has
experience in such matters!

I think General has updated this 115 model; talked to my local dist. 2
weeks ago, and he's showing them w/ the CI infeed/outfeed tables now
instead of rollers. Also General's webpage also shows the 115 picture
now w/ cast iron, but the description still mentions rollers.

700 lbs??? Are we talkin' bout the same machine?

As far as adjustments go - once you got it all dialed-in, how minimal
is snipe?

Lastly, was the gearbox leak obvious, and how soon into your usage did
it manifest?

Thanks for taking the time to feed me info; I think this is the one
I'll be getting.

-Chris