George

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gee, we put wood chip down just to STOP things from growing. My wife,
the gartener, said that woodchip depletes the soil of nitrogen as it
decomposes and retards seeds from germinating.

Rusty Richards wrote:
As a newbie, I will be sanding a lot of red oak and wanted to know

what
will happen if I put the saw dust in the garden? The soil around

here
is mostly clay. Is this what it needs?

Newbie Joe

Have the gardener think of how she tries to limit foliage growth from
excessive nitrogen in some plants. Those are the ones to mulch with wood
waste. Save the nasty acid stuff like oak for the compost heap, or to keep
foliage down under your electric fences.