Dave Hinz

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:06:39 GMT, Al wrote:

More details:
When I removed the gas cap it has sealed itself with varnish and there
was a lot of creamy colored residue inside the filler neck. When I
removed the gas line no gas came out. It too was sealed with varnish. I
had to poke a hole through the varnish with a wire to get the old gas to
run out.

Eastwood is an auto restoration supply house. Great catalog, prices
are a bit steep, but lots of unique things you can't get elsewhere.
They have a line of products for gas tank repair and reconditioning.
If you can't google 'em up, I'll check for an address for you. Great
customer service.

It goes without saying, I hope, that you should never approach a
gas tank with any sort of flame or cutting tool. I went to a call
5 years ago or so for someone who was torch cutting an "empty" gas
tank. He did not do well after the "empty" tank exploded.

Dave Hinz