Bud

Nope. An outlet fed with 2 hots needs a common disconnect, not a
junction box. (I've seen a lot of these and never seen one labeled.)

Bud--

gary wrote:
Also found one fellow who said he was an electrician and said that all power
to that junction box must be killed by the flipping of a breaker. So it
could only service a maximum of two breakers that were tied together.

"gary" wrote in message

Rewiring an old house to put more plug ins etc. Fishing wire down the
walls to the basement. Now I have a bunch of wires I want to put on a few
circuits. I want to run wires from breakers to a large junction box, then
tie the wires together in there that will go to each circuit. As long as
I don't go over the boxes rating for wires, can more than one circuit be
served by one box? Or should I have a separate box for each circuit?

I did a net search for this and only found one post where a fellow said it
was ok if you put a warning on the box cover that it is served by more
than one breaker.

I want this to be to code.

TIA
Gary