Bob G

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:29:33 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On 5 Mar 2005 20:35:34 -0800, "Mark" wrote:

I understand you can install copper wire or flashing near the top of
the roof. The rain water will carry the copper down over the roof and
poison the mold. Anybody every try this? Does it work?

Mark

This works with just about any metal, but as a preventative and not
for an older roof. I have "Shingle Shield" installed on my roof, a
strip of zinc. My roof is streak free for 14 years.

Interesting Thread.....

I presentaly have this problem...lucky for me the problem areas face
the rear of the property....not visable from the road but sitting by
the pool or down by the garages it looks like hell....

Guess I will live with it a "little" longer but when I reroof I will
install dark shingles...IF I live that long...lol

Bob Griffiths