Jag Man

"ameijers" wrote in message
If you have the skills to replace a tub and the surround, all the

way down
to bare studs, you can pull and replace a prehung door. Hanging

prehungs
was the first chore they put me on as a kid. Pull off interior

casing, cut
the nails with chisel or sawzall, and pull frame from rough opening.
Installation is reverse of removal- you will need a few shim

shingles and a
level. If you want pictures, buy one of the cheap DIY books at the

big-box.
Nothing complicated, you just have to pay attention to keeping

everything
level and square.

Thanks. You encourage me!

Actually, the water damage to the door itself easily justifies
replacement, so
a prehung assembly would be attractive. however, I looked around at HD
(which is what I assume you mean by "big box" ) and they have
some prehung door/frame sets, but none with doors like ours which are
hollow core faced with oak. The HD ones seem to all be hardboard
faces, which
to me does more than rhyme with cardboard. I didn't see any frames by
themselves,
other than one with a 20 minute fire rating thst looked appropriate
for
a garage door but not a bathroom. Are they available?

Ed