Seawulf

SQLit wrote:
"Seawulf" wrote in message
news:jNrWd.87574$JZ2.82457@fed1read02...

toller wrote:

I don't have an answer for you, just some questions...

1) Did you wire the subpanel correctly, with separated neutral and

ground

buses?
2) The charring was away from the aluminum wire, right?

Yes, the neutrals are all connected to the neutral bus and the grounds
are connected to a separate ground bus on the opposite side of the box.

Very interesting. I have NEVER seen an A/C compressor with a 4 wire cable.

Sounds more like your using the ground as a neutral.

Works yes, good practice not even close

I didn't I switched the two. The totally bare - no insulation - wire is
connected to the ground bus and the insulated - white - wire is
connected to the Neutral bus. IOW, hard to get them mixed up.
Thanks,
CDW