The Real Tom

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 01:31:33 +0000 (UTC),
(Eric Chomko) wrote:

I have looked into under counter wiring which seems sort of silly for
surface appliances. I'm leaning toward face-up plugs like floor plugs but
on the countertop. Any suggestions?

Also, foot traffic around an island seem to make using a "wall" plug
somewhat dangerous.

TIA,
Eric

Codes are stated here are just as summaries and you should actually
read what the code specifily states. IMHO:

2002 NEC 210.52(C)5 - Receptacles shall be located above the but not
more than 20 inches.
EXCEPTION: In the case of sub(b), you can install the receptacle no
furhter than 12 inches below the counter top.

If you really want to avoid having to put one in, then you can get
read what islands don't require one.

BTW, I heard you can use a tombstone outlet, to meet 210.52(C)5's
requirements, and not put a receptacle below the counter top.

hth,

tom @
www.MedicalJobList.com