SQLit

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message
I have looked into under counter wiring which seems sort of silly for
surface appliances. I'm leaning toward face-up plugs like floor plugs but
on the countertop. Any suggestions?

Also, foot traffic around an island seem to make using a "wall" plug
somewhat dangerous.

TIA,
Eric

My lower cabinets were stock pieces so I had placed 2.5 inch wide pieces of
wood between certain cabinets. The outlets were installed there. I came down
5 inches from the top of the counter. I will admit that cords over the edge
sounds bad. Practically I have not had one accident nor any one complain.

It took me about an hour each with my dremel, and several bits to do each
hole and mount the box. The cabinet guy was impressed with the concept when
we were done.

Face ups are prohibited by the NEC.

Surely you have ends somewhere on your island so you can install the
outlets.