nobody

"The Real Tom" Tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:30:18 -0500, "Jerr" wrote:

I have six Firex AD smoke alarms hardwired in my house. They also have
battery backup. I know that when the unit emits a low beep every minute
the
battery is weak. I have a situation where one of the alarms sounds loudly
for 10 to 15 seconds and sometimes setting another unit off. There is
definitely no smoke setting it off. What can it be?

Time to replace a detector? scratches head

Back in the 70/eary 80's we got smoke detectors installed in the
hallway of our apartments, we were woken many times due to false
alarms. The roaches would crawl in and setup the detector. So check
to see if you have a 'bug' living in your detector.

hth,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Firex smoke alarms have a five year warrantee, by the way.