Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 05 Mar 2005 10:50:47p, MaryL wrote in alt.home.repair:

"PhotoMan" wrote in message
I have several yards of cutoffs remaining from the floor covering job
just
completed in my kitchen. Would the vinyl be suitable for use as a
'liner' on my cabinet shelves and in the drawers?

I don't know how it would be if you attached the flooring to the bottom
of your drawers, much as you do with a floor. I don't have knowlede in
that area, but many others on this group can probably talk about that.
However, I can tell you that the edges will probably begin to curl up if
you plan to simply cut pieces to fit and then lay them in the drawers.
I did that under my sink, and the curled or "rolled" edges don't bother
me there, but it would be much less convenient n a drawer.

MaryL

I did this in another house and used double-faced flooring tape around the
perimeter of the piece as well as a few strips in the middle. No curl and
no movement.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974